ASK AN AMBASSADOR: Yes, I AM Judging You
You're on trial today! I'm judge, jury and executioner. There's no appeal process. Guilty or innocent, it's all in my hands. Are you ready to make your case? And even worse for you? I'm not your only judge today. There's a crowd around me and elbow room is scarce. And tomorrow? Tomorrow there will be another crowd to take our place. And we're not just judging you on what you do today, but all your past actions too!
No you're not standing in front of St. Peter at the pearly gates with the Big Book open. No, for now, you're standing in front of all your peers and potential home sellers and buyers.
Your blog posts are your defense. Have you chosen wisely?
- First, did the title catch the eye?
- Did the first few words engage?
- Are the aesthetics in place?
- Did you choose the right topic?
- How did you present the topic? Vinegar or honey approach?
- Is there effort in the post, or is it apparent you just "mailed it in"?
- Did you respond well to comments, both pro and con to your viewpoint?
As a blogger, you are being judged. The criteria above and more. Every time I scan through the blog roll, I'm judging whether to click or not. If I click, I'm judging whether to read once the post is open. If I finish reading, I'm judging whether to comment or not. And if I comment, I'm judging whether to come back and reengage later, or if we're done. And lastly, I'm judging if you're worthy of consideration for future referrals or not.
So take the oath, the trial is about to start.
Keep on blogging!
Liz and Bill aka BLiz