Will County IL Property Tax Bills
Were Mailed May 2nd, 2014
Will County(IL) property tax bills were mailed to property owners on May 2nd, 2014. These bills represent taxes owed for the year 2013.
The first installment of Will County taxes are due on June 2nd, 2014. The second installment will be due on September 2nd, 2014.
Will County has made several options available to property owners for convenient payment of tax bills. Those options are:
- Online payment of Will County taxes can be made at: www.WillCountyTaxBill.com ... through 4:30 pm on the date of November 21st, 2014
- There are over 100 banks and credit unions located across Will County accepting payment for Will County taxes. To view the locations available for acceptance of payments, follow these Links:
- Bank/Credit Locations by City
- Bank/Credit Locations by Name of Institution
- Bank/Credit Locations by Township
- Payments can be made by auto-draft from a checking or savings account
- Payments can be made by mail. Checks should be made out to: Will County Collector. Payment is considered void if the check doesn't clear ... a $25 Non-Sufficient Funds fee is charged. Post-dated checks are illegal and will not be held for processing.
- By Phone: Tax payments may be made through a 24-hour phone Interactive Response System (IVR) by Visa or MasterCard debit or credit cards.
Those number(s) are:
- Local Number: 815.723.4741
Toll Free: 888.868.6826
Important Information, if using a phone:
- Taxpayers need the PIN/parcel number to pay via phone, which can be looked up here.
- Please be aware of the fee schedule pertaining to debit and credit card payments.
- No portion of this convenience fee is paid to the Will County Collector.
- The last day to pay by phone is November 21st, 2014 by 4:30 P.M.
- Personal checks received after October 17th, 2014, will be returned, regardless of their postmark.
Send payments made by mail to:
Will County Collector
P.O. Box 5000
Joliet, IL 60434-5000
- The County Tax Payment/Website also accepts Major Credit Cards and Debit Cards. Convenience Fees Apply and are not refundable. Fees are as follows:
- Credit Card Convenience Fee: 2.2% of Payment Amount
- Debit Card Convenience Fee: $3.95/Transaction
- Payments can be made in person at the Will County Building, located at: 302 No. Chicago St., Joliet, IL. Regular hours are: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday. A drop-box is available for after-hours payment.
Note: Tuesday, December 2nd, 2014 is the last day you can make your Will County tax payment in person. The County of Will will sell any outstanding tax amount after December 2nd at their Annual Tax Sale.
Also: It is NOT the actual tax bill that you protest. It is the ASSESSMENT of your property. By the time you receive your actual tax bill, the dates for protest for that year are already over. Should you have questions regarding your assessment, please contact your property township tax assessor for information.
Will County property owners should also be aware of a new option available to them regarding the payment of their taxes. This new option enables them to pay for their property taxes throughout the year, instead of two installments. This option applies ONLY to homeowners who do NOT have an Escrow set-up in their mortgage payment.
The choice to take part in this payment option is totally voluntary. The program allows taxpayers to “deposit” funds for future property taxes. For further info, go to: Will County Taxes Prepayment Option.
If you have questionsregarding your Will County taxes or the payment of those taxes, information is available at: Will County Tax Bill Facts ... or by calling the Will County Treasurer's office at: 815-740-4675.
* Hoping to buy, build, or refinance a home in Will County or elsewhere within the Chicago area? Contact me! I'll put my 36+ years of mortgage experience and expertise hard to work on your behalf.
I can be easily found at any of the following:
Click HERE for your FREE Mortgage Consultation!
Ready to Apply for your Mortgage?