Home moving suggestions, is an interesting article that can help those in the process of transition from one home to another. For more specific details about home moving suggestions, continue reading below.
Many people will either make a long distance or local move to a new home. This time period is always an anxious time for the family. To help with the move, following are suggestions that may make transition to a new home go a little smoother:
· If planning on using a moving company, recommend contact them immediately. Long distance movers need to be contacted more than 6 weeks in advance.
· Build in some extra time and contingent plans for closing on current home, and taking possession of your new home. Sometimes closing does not occur on schedule, and/or the move takes more time than originally planned.
· Eliminate belongings that you do not need, want or is beyond repair. Try to sell them at a garage sale and/or give them to charity.
· Develop the following types of notes concerning your new home: room and door measurements, where cable, electrical and phone outlets exist, measure the size of your appliances and the space allocated in new home for these appliances, measure windows for window treatment. If possible purchase your window treatment prior to your move.
· One to two weeks prior to the move, arrange for phone and utility hookups. Be sure to arrange for the type of internet connection you desire. Fill out a change of address form with the post office and make arrangements for future payments to creditors if you are changing financial institutions.
· Buy boxes at a moving company or get boxes from grocery stores which would be cheaper. Invest in a tape gun and start saving newspapers from friends.
· Be sure to pack separately essentials for temporary living. Take valuable jewelry and your computer with you instead of packing it with the mover.
· When using a moving company, make sure valuable items are clearly marked and included in the moving company’s inventory report. Buy insurance for damage than may occur. Do not pack goods yourself if you want to insure delivery of goods to your new home. Normally, moving companies only insure goods packed by the moving company personnel.
· Keep a box with you at all times that contains important documents and information, such as: serial numbers of electronics, owners’ manuals, keys, birth certificates, insurance papers, and car titles, etc.
· Do a final cleaning of the house prior to leaving.
· Prior to unpacking, clean drawers, closets and cupboards. Next, setup beds and put towels into bathrooms. Finally, the rest of the unpacking can come at your desired pace.