Important Questions to Ask an Agent & Yourself Before Listing a Home
Here are a few helpful questions every home seller should be asking a potential listing agent, and yourself before listing your home for sale. Having these answers a head of time will help determine if you are choosing the right agent to sell your home.
- Do you have an active real estate license in good standing?
- How long have you been licensed as an agent?
- Why do you think I should list with you?
- What professional designations do you hold?
- What party will you represent- the buyer or the seller or both?
- What services do you offer?
- Do you have online web search capabilities for my home to be found on the web?
- Have you listed or sold in my neighborhood lately? What do you know about my neighborhood?
Questions to ask yourself about the agent:
- Is the agent a good listener?
- Is the agent accessible via phone, email, text or face to face meetings?
- Is the agent part-time or full-time?
- Is the agent cooperative and enthusiastic, or rude and arrogant?
- Do you think you can have a good working relationship with the agent?
Before meeting with your potential agent to list your home, write down questions you have about how he/she will work to get your home sold. Not all agent work the same as not all clients want the same kinds of service.
Be upfront and discuss the important questions to ask an agent & yourself before listing your home.