Thinking of a Del Webb Community in Arizona. What inquiry should you be asking?
I enjoy being in my Del Webb Community, Sun City West Arizona. My spouse and I pondered about this for a lengthy period before selecting which community was paramount for us. I would like to give a list of details to think about.
1. Activities offered in your Arizona active adult community in Arizona. I relish playing golf but also have desired to study photography. I would advocate going to the active adult community website to make sure all your interests will be piqued.
2. Is your Arizona active adult community fiscally sound. I would recommend you to examine the annual budget very thoroughly. If you have questions, you may want to have your CPA or financial planner look with you. You should also inspect for any lawsuits or claims against the community or developer.
3. Is there a planned strategy for maintaining and upgrading the recreation centers? When the Arizona active adult communities begin to age, how often will they renew equipment? When do they reseed the golf courses?
4. Have there been special assessments for road repairs? If you are in a gated community, the City does not maintain the roads because they are not public.
5. Does the builder specialize in active adult communities? Are there grab bars in the shower and bath? What is the toilet height? These items may not matter at this time, but will help you later when you will possibly need them. Google the developer to find out about other communities they have created and how are they accepted.
6. If you are entering a brand-new active adult community in Arizona, are there going to be sufficient recreational centers for the residents. You will have more time on your hands, but who wants to wait to play tennis, pickleball or workout equipment.
7. Rules and regulations that pertain to your active adult community in Arizona. Read the C.C. & R's for the community. You may not appreciate someone being able to park their cars on the street for a prolonged period of time or someone choosing the color of your home.
8. Do you know the political atmosphere of the HOA in your active adult community in Arizona? Get involved and be part of the solution, not a problem.
9. Do you know the neighbors in your active adult community in Arizona. I suggest you meet the neighbors if possible. They will have a wealth of information on the social scene in your area. Do they live there full time? What percentage of the neighborhood leaves for the summer.
10. Do your due diligence. Only you can decide what is best for you. Enjoy the journey to the next chapter in your life!
If you need help with any of the above, please feel free to contact us.