Handling Stress when faced with losing your home
First let me say your not alone. Thousands of people are facing the treat of losing their home due to a hardship such as the loss of a job, Bankruptcy, Divorce, health issues or even the lose of a loved one.
5 Tips to Dealing with Stress
1. Let it Out (CRY....SCREAM): Yeah this may seem crazy, but I think it is important to deal with the issues that caused your hardship. I give you permission to CRY...Scream...Shout or Smash something. Yeah let it all out. Now that you have let is all out, Its time to pick yourself up. We all fall down, sometimes more often then we want too. It is important to remember that it doesn't matter how often you fall only how many times you get back up. I remember watch my son learn to walk. He would constantly fall, I thought he would never walk but regardless of his physical delays he never gave up...he kept trying with a smile on his face until he accomplished it. If my baby can do it...You can get through what ever hurdles or set backs that arise on your journey through life!
2. Make a Plan: Just like when your planning a long drive across country you need to have plan to lay out where your going, How your getting there and what to bring. You need to be prepared with a plan. If not you will end up lost, confused and stressed out again. Now grab a notebook and pen. Write down what you want...where you want to be.
3. Get Professional Help: If you thought you could do this on your own think again. YOU NEED HELP. Speak to a professional that has experience dealing with Your situation. Such a Realtor or Lawyer who has experience handling Foreclosure, Short Sales and etc. They will be able to give you information on the options that are available to you. Visit a Free Seminar on your real estate options.
4. Eat Well: I know sometimes you feel so overwhelmed you can't eat. It is important that you take care of your body. In order to handle your situation you need to eat healthy and drink lots of water to help keep your body functioning well.
5. Excerise: Yeah its true most of us just want to sit in front of the TV with our legs up and not think of anything. Now don't get me wrong we all need time to relax. It is important to set aside some time to excersise. Exercise works as a natural antidepressant it also helps to reduce stress levels and anxiety.
I hope you have found these tips useful. They have help me handle stress and I pray they do the same for you.
You can also Follow us on Facebook or Linkedin where we will occassionally share information.
Your Real Estate Service Group
Find out What Your Home is Worth in the South Florida or Treasure Coast area?