Real Estate Market Report in East Stroudsburg PA - May 2014
AVERAGE SOLD PRICE FOR MAY:$127k VERSUS $127 for May 2013. Look at that! We stayed even from 2013 to 2014 for May. That is nice!
NUMBER OF HOMES SOLD FOR MAY:55 versus 43 for May 2013. Up 28%!!
YEAR TO DATE STATISTICS THROUGH MAY 2014:
The Year To Date number of homes sold in the East Stroudsburg PA is 222 homes for 2014 versus 186 for 2013.
The Year To Date average sold price of homes sold in East Stroudsburg PAis $122K for 2014 versus $123k for year to date 2013. Now that is as close to the same as you can get, in my book. Good to see this number!
Other Important Statistics to consider in the Real Estate Market Report in East Stroudsburg PA for May 2014 are:
- The Average Days on the Market dropped to 204
- The Sale to List Price Ratio was around 95%.
- The Absorption Rate dropped to 10 months versus 13 months for May 2013. This is indicative of a Buyer’s Market. A balanced market would be 6 months.
- The Number of Pending homes is currently at 74, UP from 60 for May 2013.
- The Number of Active Listings dropped to 442 versus 480 for May 2013.
In Summary, all these Statistics show that we are still in a Buyer’s Market in East Stroudsburg PA however the number of positive growth numbers show us that we are doing well on the road to recovery in East Stroudsburg and hopefully these trends will continue. For 19 months in a row the Number of Homes being sold in the Poconos on a monthly basis has been on the rise and exceeded the previous years numbers. This is the BEST market we have seen in the Poconos for years! Take advantage of it and call your East Stroudsburg PA Real Estate Agent, Bobbie Smith!
Real Estate Market Report in East Stroudsburg PA - May 2014.