Our business partner and mortgage broker extraordinaire Laura Horacek with GSF Lending shared a great list of things NOT to do when buying a home with us last week. She said that she recently had a borrow quit her job just days before closing and didn't realize it would be a problem because she found another job quickly.
Clearly, it was a problem. The deal did not close because of this.
Here are the Top 10 Things NOT To Do When Buying A Home:
10. I will NOT co-sign on any new credit for anybody else.
9. I will NOT initiate any new inquiries into my credit.
8. I will NOT close any of my bank accounts or change banks.
7. I will NOT make any large deposits before checking with my Mortgage Lender.
6. I will NOT establish any new items of credit within 60 days of my closing.
5. I will NOT omit debts or liabilities for my mortgage application.
4. I will NOT spend funds that have been set aside for closing.
3. I will NOT use my existing credit cards excessivelly or fall behind on my payments.
2. I will NOT purchase any large items on credit such as vehicles, appliances, or furtniture.
1. I will NOT change jobs, become self-employed, or quit my job.
These are all great words of advice from an experienced mortgage broker that we know and trust.
If you're considering buying or refinancing a home in the Fort Wayne area, Laura can be reached at 260.450.1321, or you can apply online HERE. Laura is one of the most knowledgable lenders that we've ever worked with, and she actually helped Amanda and I when we purchased our home.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that she's fantastic! Give her a call today!