So we hear all day long about why you should be on this social network and that... but did it ever occur to you to use LinkedIn anything for other than looking for a corporate job? Well-- I was in that boat until I did a call with Laura Monroe from Inman News and she convinced me otherwise...
5 Tips for using LinkedIn for Real Estate:
- Get busy and CONNECT! It's a professional "social network" that attracts the most educated, affluent and influential audiences on the web! Leveraging your connections on LinkedIn can be a great source of referrals and clients that can actually afford to buy homes :).
- Update your status with great content! Think about it, if you want to be a thought leader, here is where people will really appreciate your strategic and insightful all-things-real estate mind.
- Export your most important contacts. Yes, LinkedIn is the only social network that lets you EXPORT your contacts!!! Take advantage and use this tool to make sure you best contacts are input into a contact management system (Market Leader has a great one :) ) where you can then leverage great email and print marketing to make sure you are always at the top of their mind as a real estate expert.
- "Tag" your contacts. This creates labels for you to easily sort and communicate to groups of tagged contacts!
- Create a client-centric summary. This is probably the most important part of your profile! Fill it with keywords about where you work, where your passion lies, and why your future client would want to have YOU as their real estate professional!
Watch a short clip:
Want more? View our entire webinar, along with class notes here: http://learn.marketleader.com/display/learning/LinkedIn+for+Real+Estate
"People and Globe" Image courtesy of Renjith Krishnan / FreeDigitalPhotos.net.