Dreaming of living in the country, but don't want to spend a lot of money to enjoy it?
In the Willamette Valley of Oregon, there are many options for affordable country real estate. From manufactured homes to small cottages to older ranch style homes that need updating, there are options when it comes to finding an affordable place to call home in the country.
There are several ways to get the affordable home in the country you desire:
- Lower your standards. Yes, I am serious. You are likely not going to find a 2500 square foot mcmansion built 3 years ago with all the bells and whistles. Let's be honest, most of those properties on acreage cost between $400,000 and $600,000.
- Be flexible. I know you want a gas fireplace, but most of our rural homes are not serviced by natural gas if located more than 8 minutes from a major town.
- Be willing to commute. The further South, West or East you drive from Salem, the lower the price of real estate, in most cases.
- Buy what you can not change. The size of the land isn't going to change, nor is the location. But, you can open up walls, paint, change cabinets, install new flooring, etc.
- Look in smaller communities. Property taxes tend to be lower the further you get from major cities.
- Hire us to help you find your next home! We are in the market everyday, we see a lot of property for sale, acreage country homes are our specialty!