A serious Atlanta Real Estate Seller is one that is motivated to sell, perhaps the seller downsizing or been offered a promotion in another city.
If you are a motivated seller, then don’t expect your house to attract buyers if you don’t take the trouble to present it well enough.
Take a walk down your street and look objectively at the garden.
What do you see?
If you see an untamed jungle surrounded by a busted fence leaning over instead of a well-manicured lawn and neatly pruned trees then you need to sort this out pronto. Then, check out your guttering for weeds growing out of it and all the brackets in place, condition of the chimney – does it need re-pointing in-between the brickwork? Also, how about the condition of the paintwork, is it looking tardy?
If you got time and skill to do this then that’s fine, otherwise you should engage a gardener/handyman and professional painter to get the jobs done.
You can’t afford not to give your outside a makeover, otherwise you’re not likely to get anyone through your door to view your Atlanta home, let alone make a sensible and acceptable offer.
- Check every room for state of decoration and any redecorating is safer using neutral colors and avoid using vivid colors like yellow or lime green.
- Make sure no rooms look cluttered as this turns off buyers, and if you got a clutter problem then consider clearing out what you don’t really need (sell or send to the garbage skip). If you really can’t bear to part with your clutter, consider putting some of it into temporary storage.
- The bathrooms and kitchens are selling points, so consider a budget makeover by re-grouting tiles and treat old cupboards to new doors and splash out for a granite worktop for the kitchen.
- Make sure your home smells good and like it should in every room.
- You will be asked to disclose any known problem with your property like subsidence or timber rot so this has an impact on price so consider the cost of permanently sorting out any problem like this as cost of fixing is often far less than the price concession you will likely be asked to make.
Careful planning and prepping doesn't happen overnight. Give yourself at least 10 to 12 days, to make your house irresistible to Atlanta Home Buyers. Good luck Atlanta Home Sellers!