Before you buy or sell a home in Mountainside, NJ, please be sure that you understand the local market conditions. Here's everything you need to know this month.
In Moutainside, the amount of homes offered for sale typically peaks in the summer and drops in the winter, and this year is no exception. However, Montainside's real estate inventory this May is dramatically lower than in previous years.
What does this mean to you?
If you're thinking of buying a home in Mountainside, you still have plenty of beautiful homes to choose from. There are lots of other buyers out there also, so you need to be ready to act fast when you find the home you love! Click here to browse listings and then call us for an appointment!
Homeowners in Mountainside might not find a stronger buyer's market this year. Buyers want to get into their homes before the end of summer, and adding your home to a low inventory could result in getting top dollar for your home! Call us if you're ready to list now!
The average sale price in Moutainside in May was $831,315 - significantly higher than the average price we've seen over the past several years. This is a result of one or two very high priced homes driving the average up.
But outside of the one or two high priced homes, prices in Mountainside are still strong and have increased pretty steadily over the past several months.
How can you get top dollar for your home?
If you're thinking of selling your home, you can be sure that your selling price will be the highest possible by ensuring three things:
1. The home is in top showing condition. It is clean, uncluttered, and easy to show.
2. The home has been maintained and no repairs are needed.
3. The home has upgrades such as updated kitchens and baths which make it more appealing to buyers.
If you're interested in purchasing a home in Mountainside or the surrounding area, please see a complete list of homes at www.WayneZuhl.com or by clikcing here. If you're planning to sell your Mountainside home, please call us at 908-917-4189 for a free comparative market analysis of your home.
For more information on Mountainside Real Estate:
- Prices and Inventory Rebound in Mountainside - 4/18-14
- Mountainside's Real Estate Market Conditions - 3/9/2014
- Mountainside Real Estate - 1/18/2014
- The Real Estate Report for Mountainside - November, 2013
- Mountainside Real Estate Report - October, 2013
- Sell my home in Mountainside! - 08/19/13
- Mountainside Real Estate Market Report - April, 2013 - 05/27/13
- Mountainside Real Estate Market Report - January-March, 2013 - 04/13/13
- How long will my Union County home be on the market? - 02/24/13
- Mountainside Real Estate - 2012 in Review - 01/08/13
- 68 Homes Sold in Mountainside so far this year - 07/10/12
- Mountainside, NJ Housing Market Trends - 03/18/12
Not intended to solicit currently listed properties.