When you work with several buyers at the same time as I am doing right now, each with their own different budget and criteria, you need to keep on your toes. For a real estate broker like myself in Monterey County, California, dare I say it, it's like going to a grocery store with several lists and the best way to keep them straight is to have several "mental" shopping carts.
HERE'S THE BASIC SHOPPING LIST FOR EACH:
Basically, what is our "search" for each of the clients on the MLS:
1. Budget: Especially when there is a loan involved, the maximum a client wants to spend seldom varies. Yet sales prices of homes vary considerably between Carmel-by-the-Sea, Pebble Beach, Pacific Grove, and Big Sur.
2. Neighborhood: Clients usually have definite thoughts on this. Reasons can range from nearness of good schools to commute time to work.
3. Location: Sometimes the LOCATION as in nearness to ocean overrides all other items.
4. Type of home: This varies from single family detached to condominium or townhouse.
5. How many stories: Some buyers do not want second stories because of stairs.
6. How many bedrooms and bathrooms: If it's a growing family, the more the merrier; for downsizing buyers it's the opposite.
7. Garage: To many buyers, a single garage or none is a deal breaker. Others are happy with an assigned parking stall or two.
8. Investor: Here's a totally different buyer who is strictly looking for a return on investment.
AFTER THAT IT IS REALLY WHAT ATTRACTS THE BUYER:
If the above criteria are met to the buyers' specification, it becomes individual choice. The buyers that I am dealing with right now, have totally different wants. And this is where it becomes interesting for me, their real estate broker, to find something in this tight inventory market.
SIFTING THROUGH THE REAL ESTATE INVENTORY THAT CAME UP IN THEIR SEARCH:
Inventory is tight, when you come right down to it, so sometimes even finding something to look it is a challenge. For example, one of my buyers right now only has one to look at right now, mostly because of #5. My second buyer is all about #2 while another buyer is all about #8.
IN ALL CASES, #1, THE BUDGET OF THE BUYER IS INCLUDED ON THE SHOPPING LIST.
Subscribe to CommentsComment