Moving Checklist: Key to An Easy Move!
Moving to your next home? Great! Moving can be a very laborious task; therefore, advance and thorough planning is the key to an easy move. There are so many decisions to make and details to remember. Therefore, a checklist will help you get organized and stay organized throughout the move. Since moves are time-consuming from start to finish, it’s best to start planning early.
So take a look at the following list of pre-move activities:
- Call for estimates from 3 professional movers.
- Draw a floor plan of your new home use decorating charts and grid to place furniture to scale in each room and decide which furniture to move, which to dispose of, and which to replace or add.
- Inventory all possessions. Decide what to move, sell, replace, or donate to your favorite charity.
- Complete US postal change of address forms.
- Obtain copies of all medical, dental, legal, accounting, and veterinarian records (if you have pets).
- Make arrangements for record transfers between schools on both ends of the move (if you have school-aged children).
Itemize moving related costs with mover including packing, loading, special charges,
- Repair, send out for re-upholstery, or clean furniture, drapes, carpeting as necessary.
- Advertise a garage/yard/tag sale to dispose of unneeded furniture, accessories, clothes, etc.
- Pack items you won't use immediately or that will go into storage.
- Contact utilities on both ends of the move, order termination or turn-on for occupancy date.
- Terminate newspaper and other delivery services.
- Gather important papers, records, valuables for protected shipment to new home or safe deposit box.
- Notify friends of the new address (and phone number if applicable).
- Fill any necessary prescriptions, medications needed for the next two weeks.
- Defrost refrigerator and freezer.
- Pick up cash for your trip and a certified check for the mover's invoice.
- Carefully mark LAST BOX PACKED-FIRST BOX PACKED containing tools, shades,etc.
- Order pizza, wings, and drinks and CELEBRATE!
After you have checked your list and checked it twice, you now have the keys to an easy move. If you are thinking of selling or buying a home, consult a Realtor. I am here to serve you, so call me today at (301) 502-2669 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Image courtesy of 89studio / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
copyrighted by S.M.A.R.T. Marketing, Inc.