|Harness Racing Museum & Hall of Fame|
240 Main Street
· Goshen 10924 • 845-294-6330Drive a sulky to the finish line in the 3-D simulator. Riveting state-of-the-art and interactive exhibits. Call and judge a race. Theaters tell the fascinating history of America's first sport. Home of the largest collection of Currier & Ives trotting prints. Changing art exhibits. Group tours, conference and private party facilities. Fully handicap accessible. Daily 10-5. VISITOR INFORMATION CENTER.
|Hudson Highlands Nature Museum|
· Cornwall-on-Hudson 12520 • 845-534-7781Living exhibitions of native animals, a gallery for temporary exhibitions, and the Museum Shop. Located adjacent to a 100-acre natural area with well-marked walking trails. Trails also at sister site, Outdoor Discovery Center. Thurs-Sat, 10-4. Sun 12-4.
|Karpeles Manuscript Library Museum|
· Newburgh 12550 • 845-569-4997Changing exhibits of original manuscripts and documents from the world's largest private collection. Archives include documents on literature, science, religion, history, and art. Monthly exhibitions of local and national artists in all media. FREE. Mon-Sat 10-4. Sun 12-4.
|Maybrook Railroad Museum|
· Maybrook 12543 • 845-427-2591Refurbished railroad caboose. The village library contains artifacts, films, videos, and photographs of the past. Also, a g-scale model train layout. FREE. April-Oct. Sat & Sun, 1-4.
|National Purple Heart Hall of Honor|
374 Temple Hill Road
· Route 300 • Vails Gate 12584 • 845-561-1765Newly opened interactive museum about the history and 1.7 million who received the Purple Heart for being wounded or slain in battle. The badge was originally created by George Washington. State-of-the-art gallery and exhibit hall. Theaters show videos of interviews with these special veterans and their experiences. Mon, Wed-Sat, 10-5. Closed Tues.
|Neversink Valley Area Museum|
26 Hoag Road (off Route 209)
· Cuddebackville 12729 • 845-754-8870Located in the D&H Canal Park, the museum offers a self-guided audio walking tour of the canal, historical exhibitions, children's D&H Canal Boat Activity Center and an exhibit on blacksmithing in the working shop. Hiking, fishing and picnicking. Special group tours and activities. Apr-Dec. Thurs-Sun, noon-4. Park open dawn to dusk daily.
Subscribe to CommentsComment