It is 4th of July week and the weather is steamy in the DC Metro area. There is also a forecast for a potential storm on Friday (4th of July), so be sure to check the weather forecast and event sites before heading out to enjoy the festivities.
So assuming the weather coopoerates, where can you enjoy fireworks in the Northern Virginia area?
1. Fireworks on the National Mall. If you have never had the opportunity to watch the fireworks explode over our Nation's Capital, it is not to be missed. The fireworks begin at 9:10 p.m. and can be seen from many places in Washington D.C. and Arlington, VA. For more information, visit D.C. Fireworks.
2. Fireworks at Lake Fairfax Park, Reston, VA. Fairfax County hosts the fireworks at Lake Fairfax Park and the U.S. Army Field Band will accompany. Go early and spend time at the Watermine and take the kiddies to the afternoon puppet shows. More information at Lake Fairfax, VA Fireworks
3. Fireworks in Vienna, VA. Vienna puts on a full-day, traditional 4th of July celebration, complete with parade, a chili cook off, a one-ring circus show and a Jimmy Buffett Tribute band. Fireworks begin at 9:15. For more information, Vienna, VA Fireworks
4. Town of Herndon, VA. The Town of Herndon sponsors a good-old-fashioned Fireworks event that includes face painting, balloon sculpting, crafts and a dancing. Fireworks begin at 9:30 p.m. and are choreographed to music. Herndon, VA Fireworks
5. Leesburg, VA. Want to avoid heading into D.C. for the fireworks? You can enjoy the festivities further west in Loudoun County. Leesburg throws a big party with a band at 6:30 p.m. and the fireworks beginning at 9:30. Leesburg, VA Fireworks
6. McLean, VA. Fireworks at Langley High School (just inside the Beltway), beginning at 9:15 p.m. There are shuttles available from St. John's Lutheran Church and the McLean Community Center.
Be careful and enjoy your 4th of July!