5 Things To Do In Austin, TX July 2014 - Can you believe it’s already July? This summer is flying by! This month always seems to go quickly with the holiday, vacations, and all of the fun events and activities going on in the area. This is also the part of the summer where the newness of having no school leaves kids in a bored state of mind. Get them out of it by shaking up the routine! There’s plenty to do in Austin to keep your whole family active and out of the house, and have a ton of fun. Below we’ve listed some of our favorite things going on during July. Check them out and keep the fun coming!
- Alamo Kids Camp: Kung Fu Panda, July 4, 10 a.m., Alamo Drafthouse Lakeline – Start your Fourth of July activities off with a fun movie with the kids! And the best part is it’s free! Visit the event’s website to learn more information.
- Pflugerville Pfirecracker Pfestival, July 4, 3-11 p.m., Lake Pflugerville – Celebrate Independence Day at the lake! Swim, fish, listen to live music or participate in other activities on the Fourth of July. To learn more about the festival, visit the event’s website.
- Summer in the Park Concert Series: Soul Track Mind, July 10, 7:30 p.m., San Marcos Plaza Park – What’s better than enjoying live music outdoors during the summer? Well, what about if the music is free? Grab the whole family, a picnic and a blanket and enjoy a night of tunes and fun in San Marcos Plaza Park! Check the event listing for more information on the performer and the event.
- Petting Zoo Playgroups at Lions, Tigers and Toys! July 22, 7 p.m., Austin - Enjoy an educational and fun animal atmosphere with an animal-themed story time, plus time to pet and hold some furry friends. There's also an animal-themed craft! Cost is $10 and the event is RSVP. Check out this website to learn more.
- Trailer Food Tuesday, July 29, 5 p.m., The Long Center – Want to enjoy the Austin food truck scene but hate chasing them around the city? Head to this monthly meetup featuring popular local food trucks and live music – our kind of dinner! Visit the Trailer Food Tuesday website for more information.
Don’t forget to mark your calendars for these great events! Are you heading to any of these events? How are you celebrating the Fourth of July? Leave a comment and let us know!