It's no secret that your website is quite possibly the most important tool that you have for generating new leads, branding yourself and encouraging potential clients to contact you. However, not all websites are created equal. Our Real Estate Virtual Assistant team has helped many real estate professionals around the country with rebuilding, re-branding and revitalizing their website and online presence to meet the evolving needs of tech-savvy buyers and sellers. While frequent content updates are necessary to ensure search engine optimization, there are a few mistakes that we often see others make with their websites. Here are just a handful of common mistakes to stop making when creating or updating your site:
1. No Call to Action. One of the main reasons for having a website is so that visitors to contact you! Remind them that you're only a phone call or e-mail away by encouraging them to reach out. We recommend using a built-in contact form on your website to make sending a message, whether they're on their computer, phone or tablet, even easier. Our Real Estate Virtual Assistant team has created and developed custom websites with clear calls to action and user-friendly contact forms for many clients.
2. No Social Links. A great way to get more followers on your social pages, from Facebook and Twitter to LinkedIn and Google+, is to encourage website visitors to interact with you there. Whether you choose to have include the links to your social pages in a sidebar or your footer, it is imperative to have those on your website's main pages. Linking to your social media gives potential buyers and sellers another way to interact and connect with you while giving you another way to indirectly stay in front of them.
3. Losing Sight of Your Personality. The beauty of having a custom website is that it's, well, custom! Injecting a bit of your personality and flavor into your online presence is always encouraged, so long as it remains professional. It's easy to fall into the trap of having a very cookie-cutter website that thousands of other professionals in the industry also have - Set yourself apart and, most importantly, have fun and be yourself! Gear your content toward your target audience and let your professional self shine.
4. No SEO-Friendly Content. Search-engine optimized content utilizing specific keywords is what will ensure that your website is "found" by the major search engines and, in turn, that people will be directed to you. Whether you employ a Real Estate Virtual Assistant to create enhanced copy for your website, social media and blog or you prefer to do it yourself, using these keywords in your content will drive more traffic to your site.
5. No Blog. A blog is an integral part of your website and we've written about its importance before. Not only does this give you the opportunity to directly engage with visitors and showcase your professional expertise, but it's also the perfect chance to regularly update your site and continue placing search engine-optimized keywords into your content. Your blog can be built into your site for easy updating all at once.
With the online world in a state of constant evolution, staying ahead of the curve when it comes to technology and your website will always be beneficial. Contact us today to if you have any questions about your online marketing!