Sometimes it doesn't matter how great you are at something, you still need help to reach the next level.
Bruce the squirrel is one of the most focussed animals I have ever had the chance to observe. Bruce hangs upside down to work the bird feeder and get what he is after. You can learn more about Bruce by reading Focus Found in This, Squirrel.
We solved our Bruce challenge as we moved the bird feeder to a place that no matter what he did he could not reach.
- He jumped and fell
- He hung upside down and stretched
- He even bounced on the tree branch hoping to shake the bird feeder loose
Then Bruce finally found the solution he needed. He recruited talent. What does talent look like?
- Talent has drive of its own
- Talent has a skill set that you are needing
- Talent has the ability to think and resolve issues without you
Bruce, found Robin. Robin the Chipmunk came to work with Bruce on solving the challenge of accessing all of the food in the bird feeder. Talent was found.
- Robin has the same drive to find food and to eat as much as possible
- Robin was lighter and smaller which allowed him to land on the bird feeder and not fall off
- Robin was able to figure out the best way to the bird feeder after missing once or twice
Robin is talent and just what Bruce needed to succeed.
Now Robin jumps down from the tree branch and lands on the bird feeder and is light enough and small enough to slip onto the feeding platform without tipping it over. Robin eats until full and then spills extra food to the ground below.
As Robin does all of the hard work, Bruce sits below and waits for the food to fall and eats his unfair share without doing any of the hard work.
What is it in your life that you need to recruit help for?
- Someone to read books and create summaries for you?
- Someone to run daily errands and maintain your home?
- Someone to work with your abundance of clients and make sure your customer service level is kept high?
Talent is out there for you to find. Just remember, talent is probably not sitting around reading online posts for job openings, talent is probably working and if you need help you will probably have to recruit it!
Chadalyst - Make a list of the perfect talent for you. Are they young or experienced? Get at numbers or are they creative types? The more specific you can get, the easier it will be to spot them!
Content originally posted on www.EmberSeminars.com