10 Fast-Moving Housing Markets
In some housing markets out West, homes are selling in less than a month. Denver continues to be the leader in the nation with the lowest median age of housing inventory at 20 days.
Nationwide, the median age of the housing inventory is 78 days, a month-over-month rise in May of nearly 5 percent. The age of housing inventory is measured by how long a property typically spends listed on realtor.com®’s site.
New-home inventory shortage:
Realtor.com®’s National Housing Trend Report for May shows the following housing markets boast the lowest median age of inventory:
1. Denver, Colo.: 20 days
2. Oakland, Calif.: 27 days
3. Seattle-Bellevue-Everett, Wash.: 30 days
4. San Jose, Calif.: 32 days
5. San Francisco: 34 days
6. Anchorage, Alaska: 36 days
7. Boulder-Longmont, Colo.: 38 days
8. Stockton-Lodi, Calif.: 39 days
9. Sacramento, Calif.: 40 days
10. Omaha, Neb.: 43 days
Copyright National Association of REALTORS®. Reprinted with permission.