Why do you need a selling real estate attorney to represent you in the sale of your home?
Here are some of the tasks a seller's real estate attorney will complete for you while you complete one of the largest transactions of your life:
- Review offer to purchase
- Assist your agent with home inspection issues, if need be
- Draft Purchase and Sale Agreement; review any addendums
- Draft Deed for closing
- Draft Power of Attorney and attend closing for you if you choose not to
- Order your mortgage payoff
- Assist your agent with final readings, if need be
- Send you the final list of documents and information needed for closing (including smoke detector certificate, Title V inspection report, 1099 documentation, commission statement, etc)
It definitely pays to work with a good real estate attorney on both the buying & selling side of your transaction. If you need a good recommendation for one, I am happy to refer you to some top notch real estate attorneys in both MA & CT.