WELCOME TO SURFSIDE, MIAMI BEACH FLORIDA
A small oceanfront and bayfront city and community of just 1 square mile, settled in between North Miami Beach to the south, and the village of Bal Harbour to it's north.
A population of just over 5,900 from the 2012 census. Low-rise condos, hotels and some commercial properties enjoy the beachfront section of Surfside, while the single-family homes are located either directly on the bay to the west or a block or 2 walk from either the ocean to the east, or bay to the west. Surfside features a small business district off the beach that locals and visitors often visit for the restaurants, art galleries and small boutique shops, located just between the ocean and the bay.
The small bistros in Surfside welcome all for a casual meal. Just south of Surfside, Florida, the North Shore State Recreation Area offers an unspoiled beachfront nature preserve and picnic area. Surfside also features it's own dog park, children's parks, along with a lovely and popular oceanfront community center.
As the Surfside beach has long been a nesting spot for ocean turtles and as part of the city's Art in Public Places initiative "Tales of the Surfside Turtles" is on view in the town's business district on 93rd Street between Collins and Harding Avenues. Featuring fiberglass turtles created by local artists, the project brings awareness to the endangered loggerhead turtles indigenous to the area. The turtle sculptures are unique and display a range of artistic creations including underwater escapes, mermaids, and vibrant abstract drawings. The world class shopping and dining at the world-renowned Bal Harbor Shops are just across the street from the northern boundry of Surfside. A very short walk indeed.
Incorporated in 1935, Surfside boasts many sylish homes built in the ever popular Miami Beach Art Deco style.
View all Surfside Single-family homes currently for sale - Surfside, Florida homes for sale
View the Surfside Visitors website - http://www.visitsurfsidefl.com/
MAP OF SURFSIDE FLORIDA
NEW SURFSIDE, MIAMI BEACH CONDOMINIUM DEVELOPMENTS
The Greater Miami Beach oceanfront town of Surfside currently has 2 new luxury condominium properties under construction on old commercial, apartment and hotel beachfront locations. One of those developments is at the historic, and once private, Miami Beach Surf Club. This new development will include restoring and renovating the historic (and protected) original Members-only Miami Beach Surf Club building while integrating 2 new luxury condominium buildings and a Four Seasons hotel onto some the available space in the large 6+ acre oceanfront lot.
Rendering of the Surfside Surf Club Condos & Four Seasons Hotel shown above at right. With viewing the renderings for this oceanfront project, you will see that much of the original beachfront open space is still utilized for outdoor enjoyment with multiple pools, lavishly landscaped decks, gardens and lawns that reach out to the beach, and ideal placement of the original Surf Clubs newly renovated oceanfront cabanas. As a historical side note - Winston Churchill stayed at the Surf Club in 1946 and painted oceanscapes within these cabanas.
With the Surf Club condos & Four Seasons Hotel new construction being designed by the world-renowned architect Richard Meier, it is truly a beautiful and one-of-a-kind oceanfront property.
View my Surfside, Miami Beach Surf Club Condos Hotel page here View more renderings, photos, details and floor plan information - Surf Club Condos & Hotel
The FENDI Chateau Residences Condominium (shown at right) is the other of Surfside's new developments. This luxury oceanfront condominium property is being developed by the Chateau Group. This real estate investment and development entity, which is based in Hallandale Beach FL, spent $50 million to purchase the multiple parcels in Surfside on which it is now building it's newest luxury condominium project - The FENDI Chateau Residences. With just 60 luxury residences the floor plans are spacious and luxurious, with each floor plan offering "flow-thru" designs for both oceanfront terraces and western side sunset terraces. The 3 top floor penthouses each feature their own private roof top pool, large landscaped deck with summer kitchen and more. Reservations and sales for The FENDI Chateau Residences condo began in early 2013, and as of August of 2014, the building is reported to be nearly 80% sold out.
View my Fendi Chateau Residences web page here with many more photos, details and floor plans - Fendi Chateau Residences Surfside, Miami Beach
The Chateau Group is nearly completed in constructing the luxury Chateau Beach Residences Condominium just 2 miles or so north on Collins Ave. directly on the ocean in Sunny Isles Beach. With only 2 or 3 developer units at the Chateau Beach still available (as of mid Augut 2014), a sell-out is certain as the building reaches it's completion later this year.
SURFSIDE STRICT BUILDING CODES KEEPS DEVELOPMENTS SMALL
The new condominium developments in Surfside are unique to many other Greater Miami-Dade beachfront developments as Surfside's building codes only allow buildings up to 12 floors, and as such these new condominium properties are not the large hi-rises we are most often seeing in many areas up and down the beach, but are smaller "boutique" style developments, thereby often providing a much more private condominium property to call home.
Smaller condominium properties does NOT mean less luxurious, as a number of these new Surfside condominium developments are planned to have high quality details, features and amenities to rival and often surpass those found in the much larger developments up and down the beach areas of Miami Beach, Sunny Isles Beach and up the coast to Palm Beach and beyond.
CONTACT LINDA "G"
Contact Linda "G" of ONE Sotheby's International Realty Miami Beach directly for more information on any Surfside Florida luxury condominium properties or homes, or any other Greater Miami Beach luxury condos. I look forward to speaking with you.
Linda "G" Gustafson
ONE Sotheby's International Realty Miami Beach - Top Producer
South Florida Oceanfront / Waterfront Luxury Condominium NEW Construction Projects & Progress
My featured NEW South Florida new condominium projects - Click on any link below to view my complete page with all available information for that South Florida preconstruction, under construction or new luxury condominium project. All the projects listed below are currently accepting preconstruction reservations and sales unless a future date for reservations and sales has been posted.
- Paramount Residences & Condos - Groundbreaking summer 2014. Expected completion late 2016.
- Oceana Bal Harbour - Broke ground October 2013. Expected completion late 2016.
Bay Harbor Islands
- Riva Bay Harbor - Opened January 2014 - NEW developer units still available.
- Kai at Bay Harbor - Groundbreaking 3rd quarter 2014. Sales underway. Expected completion mid 2016.
- Sereno Bay Harbor Islands Condos & Townhomes - Groundbreaking 3rd quarter 2014. Sales underway. Expected completion in mid 2016.
- O Residences Bay Harbor Islands - Groundbreaking 4th quarter 2014. Sales underway. Expected completion early 2016.
Sunny Isles Beach
- Regalia Miami - Completed April 2014. Opened June 2014. NEW developer residences still available.
- Mansions at Acqualina - Broke ground August 2012. "Topped-off" April 2014. Expected completion mid 2015.
- The Porsche Design Tower - Broke ground April 2013. Expected completion in mid 2016.
- The Chateau Beach Residences - Broke ground December 2012. Expected completion in early 2015.
- 400 Sunny Isles Condominiums - Broke ground August 2013. Expected completion in early 2015.
- Jade Signature - Broke ground August 2013. Expected completion mid 2016.
- MUSE Condominium - NEWLY announced! Groundbreaking 4th quarter 2014. Sales began June 2014. Expected completion in 2017.
- Turnberry Ocean Club - NEWLY announced! - Preconstruction sales begin fall 2014, groundbreaking early 2015. Expected completion in 2017.
- Residences by ARMANI CASA Miami - NEWLY announced! - Sales began July 2014. Ground breaking in early 2015. Expected completion in late 2016.
Surfside, Miami Beach
- Ocean Seven Residences - Opened April 2014. NEW developer townhomes still available.
- FENDI Chateau Residences - Broke ground February 2014. Expected completion in early 2016.
- Miami Beach Surf Club Condos & Four Seasons Hotel - Broke ground March 2014. Expected completion early 2016.
- Ritz-Carlton Miami Beach Condos & Townhomes - Construction began May 2014. Expected completion end of 2016.
South Beach, Miami Beach
- One Ocean South Beach - Construction began July 2013. Expected completion in late 2014.
Aventura, North Miami
- Prive at Island Estates Aventura - Groundbreaking late summer 2014. Expected completion in mid 2016.
- Marina Palms Yacht Club & Residences - Broke ground September 2013. Expected completion in mid 2015.
- Bellini Williams Island - Completed in November 2013. Opened January 2014.
- Echo Aventura - Broke ground in July 2013. Expected completion in 2015.