Paula McDonald wants to go camping! So do I! Who else thinks bringing back the Rain Camps is a good idea?
If you agree and would like to see it happen, please reblog Paula's post
Ah, remember the days of Active Rain Camps that were held all over the country? It was a great opportunity to physically attend and meet other Rainers as well as the AR staff in person! The day would be action packed with the latest and greatest blogging information. Ah, those were the days.
Now I realize that these camps required a lot of planning and were costly. Of course it is more cost efficient to hold webinars. I however, really enjoyed the in-person experience. Being able to meet one another in 3-D and to get to know the Staff was truly a great experience.
So ACTIVE RAIN staff, why not consider bringing back the camps? Just like so may posts here are written about the value of the human interaction, the in-person interaction of the AR Camp was tremendous!
Perhaps AR could add a few of these suggestions for THE BRING BACK THE CAMP CAMPAIGN:
- Offer approximately 4-6 to year in key cities in the major geographical areas. Change those cities each year to shift the locations.
- Broadcast the event live for those who cannot attend. Open up those online to be Skyped in to interact with the Campers.
- Have the AR members in the host city act as the Ambassadors for the event to assist the AR staff with location, happy hour, etc.
- Even better, conduct an AR Contest for members to to the AR powers that be why a camp should be held in their city, area.
- Of course point incentives are always nice so offer up some great point incentives for attending in person or via video.
I am am sure that our great AR staff misses seeing us in person as well. So what do you think? Bring back the camps? Heck yeah!
BRING BACK THE CAMPS! BRING BACK THE CAMPS! BRING BACK THE CAMPS!