5 of the Best Things About Silver Spring, Maryland
There are great cities all across the United States. From coast to coast, newspapers and "Top City" lists are touting the praises of these cities. Here are 5 of the Best Things About Silver Spring, Maryland.
- City Place Mall - An enclosed atrium style shopping center. Here you can find family and community events, fashion shows, educational exhibits and shopping and dining. Shopping opportunities abound. Over 416 shopping and services are located in Silver Spring.
- National Museum of Health and Medicine - This museum is like no other and houses five collections consisting of about 25 million artifacts, including 5,000 skeletal specimens, 8,000 preserved organs, 12,000 items of medical equipment, an archive of historic medical documents, and collections related to neuroanatomy and developmental anatomy. Historically, it contains all things pertaining to the death of President Abraham Lincoln, the brain of Albert Einstein, and many documents, photos, and illustrations of medical and historical value.
- Holy Cross Hospital - A general medical and surgical hospital, it performed nearly at the level of nationally ranked U.S. News Best Hospitals in 9 adult specialties.
- AFI Silver Theater and Cultural Center - The AFI Silver is a three-screen movie theater complex in downtown Silver Spring. It is known to be the most technically advanced motion picture exhibition outlet in North America. This historic cinema hosts a series of film festivals as well as new & classic movies plus documentaries. The center also offers filmmaker interviews, panels, discussions, musical performances and other events that place the art on-screen in a broader cultural context.
- Maryland Youth Ballet - Maryland Youth Ballet (MYB) is a 40 year-old training institution known to be one of the finest schools of classical ballet in the region. MYB prepares young dancers for a professional career in dance as well as offering classes to dancers of all ages and levels in the metropolitan region including special programs for underserved young children in our community who may be financially disadvantaged or physically disabled. It also provides the region with professional quality ballet productions several times a year, introducing audiences to the beauty of ballet and for others, maintaining a family holiday tradition with annual productions.
By the way, if you would like to discuss finding a home near one of Silver Spring, Maryland's attractions, contact us! This is a great place to live, work, and play!
RE/MAX Excellence Realtor with Architectural Dimension
Serving all your Real Estate needs in MD, VA & Wash., DC