Congratulations you have a contract accepted on your home and your home inspection is scheduled for today. However, you are really not sure what happens at the home inspection or what you should even do while there. So here my top five tips for you to follow during your home inspection. Click here to see the full list of tips.
- Ask Questions . . . this is your opportunity to find out as much information about the house. If you don't understand something ask the question. One of my favorite questions to ask the inspector at the end of the inspection "Would you buy this house?"
- If you have any concerns prior to the home inspection write them down and bring that list with you.
- Take notes. Even though your inspector will give you a report with all of their notes it is best if you also take notes as he or she is talking.
- Follow the inspector around at all times. Do not just sit in the living room and wait for the insepctor to finish. You will miss important details and information by not following the insepctor around.
- Ask the inspector to share with you home maintence tips as well as defects. A good inspector will do both.
Click here for the remaining 10 tips!
Laura Strunk, 443-904-3637 (direct) or 410-312-0000 (office)