Fall PUMPKIN CARAMEL CORN RECIPE
This recipe always come to mind this time of year... hope you enjoy!
4 Cups Brown Sugar
2 Cups Butter
1 Cup Corn Syrup
2 Teaspoons Salt
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
3 Teaspoons Vanilla
- 1 Jar of Pumpkin Pie Spice or see recipe below
6 Quarts Popped Popcorn ( fill 2 large roasting pans)
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (95 degrees C).
- Pop corn and remove any unpopped kernels.
- Transfer to buttered roasting pan.
- Dust each batch of popcorn with salt and pumpkin spice mix.
- Once popcorn is finished-begin caramel.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter, stir in brown sugar, corn syrup and salt. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil without stirring 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in soda and vanilla, and 2 Tablespoons of pumpkin pie spice.
- Pour in a stream over popcorn, stirring to coat.
- Place in two large shallow baking dishes and bake in preheated oven, stirring every 15 minutes, for 1 hour. Sprinkle with sea salt lightly, each time you stir. Remove from oven and let cool completely before breaking into pieces.
Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 3 Tbl Cinnamon
- 1 Tbl Ground Ginger
- 2 Tsp Ground Cloves
- 2 Tsp Ground fresh Nutmeg