Before you list your house for sale, take a quick walk around the entire yard to see what the buyer will see during showings. This particular home looked fine inside, but the back yard was rarely visited by the owners, hence the need for cleanup and landscaping. I took my buyers to this Newport, Oregon listing and they made the following comments:
"The backyard was murky"
"That brick stairway is hazardous"
"I wonder if the water pools at the foundation, looks pretty muddy down there"
"Everything looks so overgrown"
Now that you have your "Buyer Goggles" on, take a look at this photo again. I might suggest:
1) Remove the pail and mismatched solar lamps.
2) Remove the loose pathway bricks for safety.
3) Cut back the overgrown vegetation and remove excess dirt and debris from concrete pad.
4) Put decorative river rock on top of concrete wall.
5) A patio table and two chairs would make the space much more inviting.
Do you have any other creative suggestions for the seller for this space? Please comment!