Nothing is more frustrating to me than trying to show a house when the key doesn't work.
During my first year as a REALTOR I was showing property near the beach. I had difficulty with several of the locks. My buyer said he had noticed that keys were not my strong point.
Since then I've learned a few things that help:
- Spraying WD40 in the doorknob can loosen a lock.
- Keys made at a hardware store or by a locksmith are more likely to work.
- I make a key for a secondary door if there is one.
- Before putting the key in the lockbox, I test it.
- I keep an extra key to all listings.
I am a REALTOR listing and selling property in the Amelia Island Florida area.