The other day I was searching for houses for a client. I pulled 15 properties off the MLS and started to go through them. Five out of the fifteen properties had absolutely no pictures. This isn’t a new phenomenon. I have seen it with high and low priced properties in good and bad markets with new and old listings. It always leaves me wondering why.
I have heard agent excuses from:
- In this market everything sells anyway.
- I’m a terrible photographer.
- I don’t have a digital camera.
- I don’t know how to load pictures.
However, my clients comments when they see something with no picture is usually:
- Is the agent lazy?
- Is the house a disaster? Certainly, if there were something good about it there would be a picture.
- Why is the agent wasting my time? I know what styles I like and I can’t tell anything here.
- Thanks for describing the house, but I’m a visual person and it’s hard for me to imagine.
I look at it as we are hired to market a property. Part of that job is to put the house in the best light possible, to have it seen by the most people as possible and do the best job we can as possible. We owe that to our clients!