Are you currently in the process of selling your piece of Solano County Real Estate? Or are you looking to have your home "bought" by a real estate agent? If you did not know, there is a HUGE difference between the two. This difference can affect whether your home gets SOLD or SITS on the Solano Real Estate Market! There is a term in the real estate industry that we use and it is called, "buying a listing". I'd just like to warn you, before you get excited about a real estate agent "buying your listing" let me first explain what it is. "Buying a listing" is a manipulative strategy that unethical real estate agents use in order to have a home owner like yourself list with them. This strategy involves a real estate agent telling homeowners that they can get MORE money for their house than what a Comparative Market Analysis in the Solano County Real Estate Market shows. If an agents says that they can get you more than what a comparative market analysis shows then that is a HUGE red flag, and even if they can show you their own list of "comparables" that "match" the price they are suggesting to list your home at, it is important that you interview at least two other agents for the job to sell your home to ensure that the comparables that the first agent has given you are somewhat relative in price and other factors.
Why would an agent want to buy my listing?
There are many reasons why an agent would want to buy your listing, here are a few.
- After they have your listing they will continually beat you down by asking you to continually reduce the price to what you can really sell your house for. (Which will probably not even be close to the "comparables" that they have shown you.
- Gain more exposure by putting their sign in front of your house and advertising themselves as your agent.
- More exposure helps them if you live in a neighborhood that the agent is trying to break into.
- Makes their inventory look huge when trying to sell themselves to other homeowners who are trying to sell their home, when in all actuality they have a bunch of overpriced homes that will not sell.
- Makes them think that they are doing something productive at the expense of a homeowner.
To avoid this I suggest that you interview at least 3 other agents and when you do interview the other agents choose the agent that you feel most comfortable with, and who seems to be working in YOUR best interest, not theirs. Don't let your home be "BOUGHT"! Get you home SOLD.
If you plan to sell your home or your piece of Solano County Real Estate in Fairfield, Vacaville, Vallejo, or Dixon give me a call. I would love to have the opportunity to apply for the position to sell your home. Contact me, Ryan Vivo, Real Estate Agent and Solano County Real Estate Expert, Gateway Realty at 707-384-5894.
P.S. read "why you should price your home right"!