Active Rain offers us a chance to share best business practices for preventing valleys in our real estate business through their Crowdsourcing Contest.
The key is to understand you are operating a business just like any business owner. If you own a business you have a yearly, quarterly and monthly plan. A budget is drawn up which includes an advertising plan. Advertising consistently is crucial. If you’re not obtaining the desired results then step your marketing up a notch! Practice the 3 A’s: Anticipate, Adapt and Adjust. Tracking and measuring your results yearlong will prevent those peaks and valleys from occurring.
Spring real estate is usually the most active time but the good news is homes sell all year long. In order to participate in the year-long activity you never let up on marketing! Your name should be seen everywhere and unfailingly, always offering something of value.
1. Get those Just Listed, Under Contract and Sold cards out to consumers – let them know you are listing and selling homes and would be honored to help them.
2. Prepare Monthly and Quarterly reports and deliver or mail to consumers - Keep them educated on your market place and invited them to call you with any questions.
3. Volunteer at community events – let residents know you are supporting their activities and available to visit with them if you can be of service.
4. Provide an interactive website for the community and utilize your community videos, market reports and offer search for listings…keep consumers on your site!
5. Offer reports for tax protests, children’s camps and list of vendors. Deliver Calendars in November before the rush!
6. Create videos on your market area – let consumers know you are knowledgeable and the “go to realtor” for your market area.
There is no magic to obtain business for the fall. Consistently follow your business plan, analyze and measure your results and you can maintain good business all year long and avoid those valleys. If you’re not reaching your goals, revisit where your business is coming from and step up your marketing! Hit or miss advertising will not keep your business on an even keel. Put your own unique stamp on everything about your business and consumers will notice and want to work with you. I work hard to maintain my status of "Your Perfect Partner" in my community. It helps prevent those valleys in my business.....works for me!