Why choose Wessynton as a place to call home in Mount Vernon Virginia?
Wessynton is a community of 156 homes built in the contemporty style in the 70's. The community has some amazing features for anyone looking for a home near Fort Belvoir or the Pentagon.
- The Community features 24 homes that front Little Hunting Creek which feeds which feeds into the Potomac River.
- All residents of Wessynton have dock access for launhing of their boats.
- The community features 20 acres of Forest land for owners enjoyment.
- The community was once part of on the 500 acre estate of George Washington. The history of the land has great bragging rights for anyone who lives in the comunity of Wessynton. Many of the homes have a wonderful plaque at the entrance to their home stating
- The community is the closest neigborhood to the estate at Mount Vernon
- Old Town Alexandria and the Airport are only a 20 minutes drive down the beautiful GW Parkway.
I live in the community and this weekend as I went out to get the mail I noticed alot of cars parking on the street. I had forgotten that the Neighborhood Au Pair's had decided to host a Octoberfest Celebration at a neighborhoing home. It was so well attended and after they could drive 5 mins away to the Big Celebration at Fort Belvoir so convient for all.
Then that afternoon I needed to head out of the community and saw so many walking to Mount Vernon from the neighborhood. They were headed to the Mount Vernon Wine Festivle featuring 17 wineries. No need to drive now that is my idea of convience!
Learn more about Wessynton from my earlier blog post
Typically only about 10% of these homes comeo on the market each year so you need to have someone watching for you to give you the heads up or you will miss them. Especially if they back to Hunting creek.
I would be happy to notify you when a home is coming on the market just email me and let me know you are interested in Wessynton. Contact me here
This week we have two homes for rent in the community so if you are relocating to the area this may be a great way to try the community out you will not be disappointed. The homes for rent are typically priced between $2300.00 to $3500.00 depending on size, condition and updates. Each of the homes in this community features wonderful forest like settings with mature plantings.
Check it out you may find you love the convience, charm and quiet that our Wessynton Community has to offer.
Feel Free to call or Text me at 703-801-9367
To search homes in the Local area Click Here