Lochwood is a small neighborhood of around 1,800 homes located to the northeast of White Rock Lake in East Dallas.
Ask a resident of Lochwood what they like most about the neighborhood and you'll likely hear one or more of the following:
- The greenbelts, trails and large, mature trees that are abundant throughout the neighborhood.
- The high level of involvement in the neighborhood schools and voluntary home owner's association.
- White Rock Lake is walking/biking distance for many in the neighborhood.
- The wide array of mid-century architectural home styles, many of which have pier and beam foundations.
- Neighbors wave to each other in the street like it's a small town in the middle of the big city.
The median home price in Lochwood for a three bedroom home is around $230,000 as of the Fall of 2014. Median home prices in Lochwood tend to be similar to median home prices in Dallas but are less than those in many other areas of East Dallas.
Visit my full article on the Lochwood neighborhood of East Dallas, TX to learn more about Lochwood homes and real estate.