I am an E S G R (Employer Support of the Guard & Reserves) volunteer trying to make my own difference and hopefully helping our veterans now and in the future that their "rights" in the work place are supported by employers around the country.
I am asking that each independent contractor with or without employees or reservists working for them sign a Statement of Support as explained in the following passages.
"Join Thousands of other American Employers...
Earn a Five Star Recognition for your support of the men and women now serving proudly in America's National Guard and Armed Forces Reserve. Your State's Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve Committee will work with you to provide you with assistance and guidance in keeping your Guard and reserve member employees on the job and in the ranks.
You can earn the recognition you deserve by providing demonstrated support for our Volunteers who serve our nation.
- Sign a Statement of Support and tell your community that you stand behind our troops - your employees - in peace, in crisis and in war.
- Review your Human Resource Policies to ensure that your policies comply with the provisions of the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act. ESGR can assist you with this.
- Train your Managers and Supervisors and give them the tools they need to effectively manage your Guard and Reserve member employees - ask your ESGR volunteers for assistance.
- Adopt "Over and Above" policies in your company that provide your Guard and Reserve member with more support than the that required by law.
- Support the ESGR. YOU can make a difference with your time, energy, effort and contributions. Ask an ESGR volunteer how you can get involved in your state ESGR Committee.