Here are 10 Great Reasons to List Your Home between Now and Christmas
- People who look for a home during the holidays are more serious buyers.
- Serious buyers have fewer homes to choose from during the holidays and less competition means more money for you.
Since the supply of listings will dramatically increase in January, there will be less demand for your particular home! Less demand means less money for you!
- Houses show better when decorated for the holidays!
- Buyers are more emotional during the holidays, so they are more likely to pay your price.
- Buyers have more time to look for a home during the holidays.
- Some people must buy before the end of the year for tax reasons
- January is traditionally the month for employees to begin new jobs. Since transferees cannot wait until Spring to buy, you must be on the market to capture those buyers.
- You can still be on the market, but you have the option to restrict showings during the six or seven days during the holidays.
- You can sell now for more money and we can negotiate for a delayed closing or extended occupancy until early next year!