It's hard for me to pin down the MOST favorite thing of mine about being a Realtor here in the La Quinta, Palm Springs area of the desert. Real Estate is not a career choice for the feint of heart, nor for the non-disciplined, nor for a person that needs to have someone telling them what to do. Quite the opposite..a Realtor is an independent contractor and MUST be self-motivated, and very disciplined.
I would have to narrow it down from the following list of ..
"My Favorite Realtor things.."
1. My clients! I love being a sales person. I know my Palm Springs Valley, and I LOVE living here, which I have done for 30 years!
2. Working my own hours: I am self-driven so if I want to work from home at 4 a.m., I do. The myth is that working for yourself means less hours..exactly the opposite is true!
3. Getting an indepth look at the developments and their homes: Fun, labor intensive, but very rewarding.
4. Having NOBODY to blame but myself.
5. Meeting people from ALL walks of life, who I would not normally meet in a job that did not take me out of my comfort zone of familiarity as much as real estate does.
I've been a Realtor in the Palm Springs Valley for 14 years now, and still enjoy it as much now as I did when I was a "newbie" selling New Homes at PGA West. If you're looking to buy or sell a property here in La Quinta or any of our Palm Springs VAlely cities, give me a call at 760-285-3578.