Real estate agents are on edge after a 55-year-old agent was put in a chokehold and punched in the face Saturday afternoon outside a Laguna Niguel home she had listed.
She was securing the lockbox when she was attacked from behind by a man she didn’t know.
She told police that the attacker fled once she screamed.
This happened at 12:55 p.m and Sheriff searched the area of the 24000 block of Paseo Del Campo, where the attack took place.
She suffered minor to moderate injuries in the attack, but she is expected to recover. The attacker had not been located as of Saturday evening.
Here are some some safety tips to keep in mind for private showings and open houses, this is especially important for women showing homes alone.
· Let someone know where you are going before showing a home to a stranger
· Give yourself some space between you and the person in a home, let them walk in front of you
· Make yourself aware of exits. In an open house, leave doors open or unlocked, stay close to an exit
· Drive your own car
· Consider keeping pepper spray or some other self-defense aid
· If it doesn’t feel right, remove yourself from the situation
· Above all, use common sense and trust your gut
Crime is everywhere so don't take chances