What Does Your Front Door Say About Your Home?
Besides landscaping, one of the first things a buyer sees is the front door. If they see a front door not looking like it should, it gives the impression you do not care. Below are tips to spruce of your front door to make a great first impression:
- Repaint - If you have shutters next to your window, paint the front door the same color. See how nice the home above looks? The front door being the same color as the shutters made the front of the home "pop".
- New Hardware - Replace the doorknob and hinges with new ones. This does help.
- If you have glass inserts, clean them on both sides. This helps with allowing natural light through.
- Squeaky door? WD-40 the hinges and voila!, no more squeaks. Just make sure to use the WD-40 a few days before putting your Babylon NY home on the market so the smell has a change to disappear.
- Buy a new door. If your current door is really shabby looking, buy a new one. For under $1,000 you can get a very nice door and it is worth it.