Why You Should Not Wait For Spring To Downsize
Waiting for the warmer weather and the market to heat up can get your home sold quickly but, will you really get more than if you market it now? I can tell you that their are still buyers out there looking to buy and if you are downsizing, it could make more sense to sell now rather than wait. Here are 5 reasons why.
- Interest Rates are down again - With rates in the low to mid 3's it really can't get any better. If the rates go up at any point in the spring, it will reduce the number of people that can afford to buy your home.
- Financial Risk- You may or may not get more money when the spring market hits, but how much more will you need to get in order to recoup your winter carrying costs? The differece between closing in January or June is 6 months worth of property taxes + 6 Months worth of Utility Costs (which includes two of the coldest months of the year). You can do the math yourself, but in most cases you will be looking at a minimum of $2,000-$4,000 dollars.
- Inventory is Lower - With less to homes on the market, you are in a solid negotiating position. It is a true Seller's market.
- Transactions Get Done Quickly - Business is slower industry wide. Banks, Appraisers, Home Inspectors and yes, Realtors can get the process done in short time.
- Buyer's Are Serious! - Buyers looking in this market are serious and need housing. All of the tire kickers are in for the fall.
If this makes sense and you want to start with getting Your Home's Value , use this link or contact Giles Team Real Estate at 978-882-4659 to get the ball rolling!