Today-April 2,2008 marks the first annual World Autism Awareness Day. I don't know much about Autism or know anyone who is affected by it. So I decided that the least that I can do is educate myself on this topic.
Autism is a complex brain disorder that affects a person's ability to communicate and develop social relationship. It is often accompanied by extreme behavorial challenges. The diagnosis of autism has increased tenfold in the last decade and the centers for Disease Control and Prevention has called autism a national public health crisis whose cause and cure still remains to be unknown.
Some facts about autism from http://www.autismspeak.com/ include:
- Autism affects as many as 1 in 150 children and 1 in 94 boys
- Autism is the fastest-growing serious developmental disability in the world
- More children will be diagnosed with autism this year than with diabetes, cancer, & AIDS combined
- Boys are four times more likely than girls to have autism
- There is no medical detection or cure for autism, but early diagnosis and intervention improve outcomes
- Autism does not discriminate by geography, class, or ethnicity
The first ever World Autism Awareness Day gives opportunity to people in every country of the world to raise awareness about autism and Asperger's Syndrome and raise funds for autism organisations.
So if you know anyone who you feel this might be helpful to them,please pass it along to them.
To receive your free list of "Houses for sale in Washington DC",please give me a call at your earliest convenience. I can be reached at ( 202 ) 378-0283 ( Direct ) or ( 301 ) 560-6700 x1154 ( Office ). I can also be reached online at www.buyandsellnewhomes.com and www.freelistofhomesforsale.com. Thank you very much. Looking forward to working with you and helping you make your home purchase a stress free and very happy one. Have a great day. Lanre Folayan -Real Estate Professional with Exit Premier Realty. "Buy and sell a home in Washington,DC"