Top 12 Reasons Wichita Falls Homes Sell Better During the Holidays.
12. Affordability. Interest rates are poised to rise, and for every 1% rise in interest rates a buyer can afford a 10% LOWER sales price for the same payment.
11. By selling now, you may have the opportunity to be a non-contingent buyer during the spring when more houses are on the market.
10. Buyers tend to be more flexible on time lines such as closing dates, so you can sell now for more money and we may provide for a delayed closing or a temporary lease.
9. Even though your house will be on the market, you still have the option to restrict showings on the days you are busy or have family in town.
8. January is traditionally the month for employees to begin new jobs. Since transfers cannot wait until spring to buy sellers need to be listed now to capture the market.
7. Some people are buying before the end of the year for tax reasons.
6. Some buyers have more time to look during the Holiday's because of the time off they get from work.
5. Buyers are more emotional during the Holidays, so they are more likely to pay a better price.
4. Houses have a more "home" feel because they are more decorated during the Holidays.
3. Listing supply begins to increase in January and there is more competition. Less demand can mean less money.
2. There are less "tire kickers" so there might not be as many showings, and less showings can be easier during the busier Holiday's season.
1. 4th Quarter 2013: New Listings - 530 Under Contract - 393 % Under Contract: 74%
2nd Quarter 2014: New Listings - 817 Under Contract - 524 % Under Contract: 64%
Buyers are more serious during the Holidays. If they are taking time to search for homes then they are motivated to BUY! It is true there are less buyers, however the buyers out there are higher quality, and the number of homes for sale is also lower, resulting in the same probability of selling your home.