Belair Edison Neighborhoods Inc.
Belair Edison Neighborhoods Inc. (BENI) is a none profit community based organization that works with local residents and business owners to create an environment that is beneficial for all. BENI is a Healthy Neighborhoods and Baltimore Main Streets partner organization and a HUD certified housing counseling service.
Belair Edison offers many services at their office on Belair Road:
- Pre-purchase education and one-on-one counseling - required for many downpayment assistance programs. Home ownership counseling classes are offered on the third Saturday of each month except December.
- Foreclosure intervention and prevention services
- Small business development and promotion
- Community organizing and outreach
- Neighborhood marketing
- Resources available through Baltimore Main Streets
- Small grants for block improvement projects through Healthy Neighborhoods Inc.
Over the years I've worked with Maria Franchesca Stein (Chesca) and Roy Miller in offering home ownership classes and with Kadija Hart on several marketing projects. Everyone at BENI works with community members to make Belair Edison a better place to live. They help people purchase their first home, they help home owners stay in their homes if at all possible and they provide referrals to designated referral partners to help sustain the neighborhood.
If you are looking for a Home Ownership Counseling class I highly recommend taking it at BENI. If you are behind on your mortgage and need help to stay in your home BENI can help. If you want more information about living in Belair Edison check out their website or perhaps visit their office at 3412 Belair Road. BENI staff are very helpful and will answer your questions.