It was a normal day at the office when I overheard a nearby conversation. One of my teammates was on the phone with a potential client and the conversation wasn't going so well. The potential client was a buyer interested in going to see a property she'd viewed online and my teammate was trying to explain that we have all potential clients come in for a buyers consultation before seeing homes. This is a new concept, so let me explain...
Why a Buyers Consultation before Seeing Homes?
Because the buyers consultation is a new concept, a lot of buyers don't understand the need to go into the office to meet an agent before going to see properties. The truth is, the Buyers Consultation is one of the most important aspect of the home buying process; especially for first time home buyers. The Buyers Consultation is used only by the best and most successful real estate agents because it takes a driven, passionate professional to step outside the box in the name of providing the best service to their clients. Most agents just want to show homes. They think the more houses they show, the more buyers they can get. The sad thing is they're doing these buyers a great disservice. The problem is a real estate agent isn't truly equipped to provide the best service to a stranger at a random house.
After getting turned down for a buyers consultation myself (like my teammate did just days before), I decided to provide my potential clients the service of explaining why the buyers consultation is needed before seeing homes. Here are the top five reasons:
- Your Needs, Wants & Expectations - To best serve my clients I need to know more than your desired location and number of beds and baths. I need to know if you have kids and what schools they attend. I need to know if pets are apart of your family. I need to know if you'd enjoy a lakefront home. I need to know if you can't live without a pool. Get it? I can't get this information in a hot, vacant house. I CAN get this information in a very informative, yet casual in office Buyers Consultation. If I'm going to help you, I need you to help me. Come in for 30 minutes, meet me and my awesome team and leave confident knowing you are in great hands.
- The Market and Home Buying Process has Changed - Did you know we are currently in a Seller's Market? Do you know how that affects you as a home buyer? Its okay, most potential clients say no to both of these questions. During a buyers consultation, I will take the time to show you exactly what the market is doing, what homes are selling for and how long they're staying on the market. This information is important because it allows me to help you make the best decisions when making offers on your new home.
- You Have to be Offer Ready - Another reason the Buyers Consultation is important before seeing homes is you have to be offer ready in this market. When you fall in love with a home, you'll want to make an offer right away. A pre-approval or proof of funds letter is necessary to put you in the strongest position when submitting your offer. During (or sometimes even before) the Buyers Consultation, you will have the opportunity to get pre-approved through our preferred lender. Paying cash? I can help you request and obtain your proof of funds letter.
- Loyalty is Key - Once I have your perfect home painted in my head, I will dedicate all the necessary time necessary to search for, tour, submit offer on, and follow through until closing. As you can see I will be loyal to you as a client all the way through the home buying process. Coming in for a Buyers Consultation, will allow you to get to know and feel comfortable with me so that we can be loyal to each other. This creates a positive and fun partnership that usually results in friendships beyond the successful closing of your new home.
- Safety First - Agents show a lot of homes. Most agents are essentially meeting a complete stranger at a home with which they've never been. If you haven't personally met the person before meeting them at a home, there is a wide array of unfavorable scenarios that could arise. I've seen the saddest stories in the news regarding this very thing. My safety is not only important, so is yours. We should both be responsible enough to meet before going out to properties. It's just the safest option when it comes to buying Real Estate.
If your ready to be treated like a valued client and would like the service of a Top Performing Real Estate agent, please contact me. I am always looking forward to assisting new clients in the home buying process.
Do you think the buyers consultation is best before seeing homes? Did you have a bad experience meeting an agent at a property before meeting them in person? What are you thoughts on the Buyers Consultation? Leave your comments below and let me know what you think. If you like this post and found the information to be valuable, please like and share with your friends.