I often get asked by prospective buyers what condos on Kauai will allow cats or dogs. I'm working on putting together an island wide list of pet friendly condos but to start I will be making pet friendly lists for each area of the island of Kauai starting with Lihue.
Lihue Pet Friendly Condos:
1. Hale Lani Village at Puhi: YES to Dogs, Yes to Cats. Two animals are allowed. There are no size or breed restrictions. Animals, cats or dogs, must be on a leash or in a carrier when in common areas. Immediate fine with no warning will be issued for pets that are loose in the common area if the owner does not pick up fecal droppings. Pets may not be tied and left in the common areas, including the front landings. Pet rules are strictly enforced in regards to nuisance, noise and sanitation.
2. Hookena at Puhi: Yes Dogs. Yes Cats.
3. Regency at Huleia: Yes Dogs. Yes to Cats.
4. Kalapaki Villas: Yes to Dogs. Yes to Cats.
5. Hale Malu: Yes to Dogs. Yes to Cats. No livestock, poultry or other animals whatsoever shall be allowed or kept in or on any part of the Community, except that dogs, cats or other common household pets as described in the Bylaws, in reasonable number (as determined by the board) may be kept by Owners and Occupants in their respective Homes. Pets are only allowed on the common elements of the Community if they are on a leash or in a pet carrier. Pets must be accompanied by the Owner at all times when on the common area, and may not be tied up by a leash or other means and left unattended on common areas, driveways or in open garages.
6. Kauai Beach Villas: Yes
7. Sun Village: Yes to Dogs. Yes to Cats. Yes to Birds. No to rabbits and other caged animals. 30 lbs weight restriction. No more then 2 pets allowed per apartment.
8. Villas at Pualii. Yes to both Dogs & Cats
A Girl's Best Friend.
Lihue Condos that do NOT allow Pets:
1. Banyan Harbor
2. Lihue Townhouse
3. Kauai Beach Resort
4. Kaha Lani
Be sure if you are moving from out of state to Kauai or anywhere in Hawaii to check our Pet Quarantine requirements and save yourself and your pet from unneccessary inconveience. This list is for pets and not service animals. Rules may change, so be sure to check with your Realtor and the condo manager for any changes.
I'll try and update the list as I receive more information. I will be posting more pet friendly posts in the future. If you have information which you think I should add please email me at email@example.com or call 808 652-6174. Aloha Julie