NAR Changes in 2016 involving Realtor Ethics & Excellence
The NAR Board of Directors (850 members) met last week and discussed changes for all Realtor members.
1. Code of Ethics which is already in place but will change from every four years to 2 years.
2. Code of Excellence- Updated education classes to include Social Media, consumer privacy protection, data accuracy political advocacy, technology and professional courtesies.
3. Updated and Upgraded MLS for all Realtors across the nation.
*These 3 areas were approved and changes to take place in 2016.
4. This area, #4, was not approved by the Board of Directors. Here are the areas they were discussing. They discussed rating each REALTOR based on these areas below.
· Market area, School, Transportation, level of local market Knowledge.
· List of sold properties: property addresses, type and sold price.
· License, designations and credentials.
· Involvement in civic, charitable, and community involvement.
· The REALTORS® areas of real estate expertise and specialization.
· Contact information, including a recent photo.
· Brokerage office information: location, contact information, and license number.
· Languages spoken.
The number of years of membership in NAR.
· Level of education, including in the areas
· Consumers to post reviews and for REALTORS® to
respond to them.
· REALTORS® general interests.
The ratings were not going to include data from Zillow, Trulia, or Google or the agents websites as they do not deem them as accurate.
This area, #4, may be revisted at the May 2015 NAR convention. I am sure these changes are not going away and if not May probably next November.
Though I believe following the code of ethics, staying on top of education and working stats are extremely important but how does a Realtors general interest have anything to do with their rating?
What do you think of this proposal by NAR?
Thanks for Reading my Real Estate Blog.....