Can you believe it? Snow, freezing temps and freezing rain are in the forecast for Salem, Oregon and around the Willamette Valley tonight and into tomorrow morning. In November! We usually see this kind of weather in January.
Here are a few tips to protect your horse property tonight from potential damage:
- Wrap any exposed plumbing pipes
- Disconnect and drain all the water from hoses
- Fill your water trough, just in case you don't have any running water tomorrow!
- Clean the barn gutters, when all that snow and ice melt, they need to be able to flow
- grease any gate hinges, door latches, etc that are currently sticking. They will likely freeze in place
- Have your tools rounded up where you can find them, you just might need them!
Don't forget to blanket your horses, or bring them in, or provide access to shelter tonight!