If you think selling a home in the Winter isn't a good time to sell think again! There are several advantages to putting your home on the the market in the Winter.
1. Less competition... Most sellers don't put their homes on the market the last couple months and the first couple months on the market so there are typically less competition.
2. More serious buyers- you may not have as many showings but more serious buyers.
3. Did you know that January is the biggest transfer month? There are more corporate moves in January than any other months.
Here are a few tips for making the best of your Winter showings.
- Trim trees and clean up any knocked down limbs
- Put a welcome holiday mat at the front door!
- Put on some light Holiday music
- Make the home cozy and warm if you have a fireplace light it!
- Keep decorations on the conservative side
Open blinds and curtains and turn on interior lights to reduce the dreariness of the winter months.
- Bake some cookies or treats before the showing and leave some treats for the guests