Petworth DC 20011 Real Estate Market Report-October 2014.
In my recent Congress Heights DC 20032 Real Estate Market Report, I stated that an Washington Post online article titled DC REGION HOUSING MARKET IS STUCK IN DOLDRUM said that"Uncertainty about the economy has other buyers leery of making large purchases". Guess it's safe to say that according to this Petworth DC 20011 Real Estate Market Report,this doesn't apply to homeowners living in the zip code 20011 which also includes DC neighborhoods such as Crestwood DC,16th Street Heights,Riggs Park,Chillum and Brightwood.
Here is the Petworth DC 2OO11 Real Estate Market Report for October 2014
Here is some additional information that this 20011 Petworth DC Real Estate Market Report doesn't show.
- 64 of the 84 houses for sale that sold in the zip code 20011 were sold in 60 days or less in October 2014. Meanwhile 56 of the 84 homes for sale that sold in that area sold in 30 days or less.
- Average sold price of a House for sale in the 20011 zip code was $507,670 in October 2014. That is down only 1% from this time last year when the average home sold price of a house in the 20011 zip code was $512,776.\
- Average days on the market of a house that sold in the 20011 zip code was 56 days in October 2014. That is down 64.71% from this time last year when the average days on the market of a house that sold in that area was 34 days.
- Average sold price to original list price ratio of houses in the zip code 20011 was 97.3% in October 2014. That is only down 2.47% from this time last year when the average sold price to original list price ratio was 99.8%.
- 62 of the homes sold in the zip code 20011 in October 2014 used a Conventional loan,13 of them were Cash,4 used a FHA Loan,2 of them used a VA loan and 3 of them used a different kind of financing.
This House for sale in Petworth DC has four bedroom and three and a half baths. Click on this link to view more photos and price. 717 OGLETHORPE ST NW Washington DC 20011
Many DC Condos for sale are also selling. Just in October 2014 alone 16 DC Condos were sold in the zip code 20011. With less than 60 days left in the year,many home buyers are still looking to buy a house to hopefully have Christmas and possibly Thanksgiving in their new home.