Documents Needed by your Lender (Part 2 of 2)

Real Estate Broker/Owner with MBA Broker Consultants CalBRE Broker #00983670

Here are the additional documents that you may need to give to your lender:

  • Documentation showing other source of income (child support, alimony, retirement, pension, social security, disability, etc.).  You may need an award letter, court records, or cancelled checks for the last 12 months.
  • If you are receiving money as a gift to help with your down payment, you will need documentation of that income.
  • You may need to provide copies of your credit card statements or your loan payments.  That includes loans where you are the co-signer because you are responsible and it shows up on your credit report.
  • You may need to bring copies of your utility bills.
  • If you have had a divorce, your lender will need a copy of your final divorce decree from the court.
  • If you previously filed for bankruptcy, had a short sale or a foreclosure, you will need to bring copies of the final documents.
  • If you have deferred repayment of student loans, you should bring your deferral agreement as well.
  • Finally, if you dispute any of your credit report items as listed on your credit report, and you can prove that it is wrong, please bring proof of that along to your lender.  Your lender may be able to help you get it corrected on your credit report quickly.

Read more in our book, "Buy Your First Home",

Documents Needed by your Leader (Part 1 of 2)


Image courtesy of hywards at

Posted by

Regina P. Brown
Broker, Realtor®, M.B.A., e-Pro, GREEN
California DRE # 00983670


Text copyright © 2011-2018 R.P. Brown, All Rights Reserved

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape  

Comments (0)