So, my last blog post, Why a Buyers Consultation Before Seeing Homes, has inspired my most recent post. Talking about the Buyers Consultation lead me to think, wow, that's just the first step of the home buying process. As I thought about it more, I realized a potential client could buy a home in 5 steps. As I evaluated the best way to describe these five steps, it didn't take long for me to think: "Neka, just keep it real". The real is I like to keep things simple. Sure, there's lots of moving parts in the home buying process but in the eyes of the buyer, there's simply five steps.
Buy a Home in 5 Steps
No need to complicate things for my soon to be home owners. As a buyers specialist, it is my goal to provide exceptional service. A huge part of providing exceptional service is educating my buyers not only on current market conditions and the newest property to hit the market. It is also my duty to make sure my buyers know what to expect on our journey to making them homeowners. Here's a short & sweet example of what home owners can expect when you buy a home in 5 steps. Without further ado, here are those five steps:
- Buyers Consultation - This is an informal sit down meeting with your Realtor where as a buyer you will have a detailed needs analysis, learn about the market and the home buying process. As explained here, this is a crucial step that will ultimately set the tone for a successful transaction. To further provide the best information to my clients, all buyers that come in for a Buyers Consultation leave with a free 2015 Home Buyers Guide. This report goes in greater detail about to home buying process, estimated costs, a moving checklist, an introduction to my team and much more.
- Lender Pre-Approval/Proof of Funds - If you are planning to finance your home purchase, I will put you in touch with our preferred lender to handle the financing portion of the home purchase. This can be handled in many ways including a phone call during the buyers consultation, a follow up call from the lender or the buyers consultation may take place at the lender's office. As your Realtor, I need to know where you stand financially so that you can best assist you in a confident purchase. It is also important to discuss the amount of monthly payment you are going to be comfortable with. If making a cash purchase, I will assist you in requesting and obtaining a proof of funds letter. One of these documents is often times required to submit an offer or even show your dream home. If not required, it strengthens your offer which is a necessity in this competitive market.
- Seeing Homes - After the detailed needs analysis and lender pre-approval/established proof of funds, I will now be armed with everything needed to find you the perfect home. I will only email the properties that best fit your criteria. You are also welcome to continue your search online. Hey, its the times and I have adapted to the technology available to today's buyers. I always suggest my buyers search on my MLS search website, www.FloridaRealEstateSellers.com. It is updated daily as opposed to some of the big name sites. I welcome your input as the future home owner. We will begin scheduling tours of the properties you like best.
- Offer - When you find the home you love, I will assist you in submitting an offer to the seller. As part of this process, I will be running comps and market analysis of the area you are interested in. This step is also where working with an experienced and dedicated Realtor will best position you to receive an accepted offer. We are currently in a Sellers Market and unfortunately for buyers that means low inventory and lots of competition. I will help you make the best offer so that we receive an acceptance with little counters and back and forth. I will also negotiate on your behalf to make sure you're getting your dream home at the absolute best price.
- Contract to Close - After your offer is accepted, I will walk you through the final phases that lead to the closing table. My team enlists a Transaction Coordinator. She handles all of the paperwork and legwork necessary to successfully get you to the almighty "Clear to Close". That means every "i" has been dotted and every "t" crossed. The Realtor, Lender and Title Company have worked together to get you to a successful home purchase. Once Clear to Close is received, your closing will be scheduled. At the Closing, you sign all the paperwork to transfer ownership of your dream home. CONGRATS!!!, you are now a Home Owner and have successfully experienced to process to buy a home in 5 steps.
If you're ready to be treated like a valued client and would like to buy your dream home in 5 steps, please contact me. I am always looking forward to assisting new clients in the home buying process and it doesn't cost you anything to work with a Top Performing Agent.
Do you have a set of steps to walk your buyers through the home buying process? Do you think working with a set of easy to follow steps make the process easier for home buyers? What are you thoughts on Buying a home in five steps? Leave your comments below and let me know what you think. If you like this post and found the information to be valuable, please like and share with your friends.